Thursday, February 7, 2013

Playing Catch Up

I have been trying to play catch up this week in getting my photos and stuff together for recording the first month of Project Life. I have found a couple of things that I need to improve on for sure. I need more photos to have a variety to document and I need to vary my photos in a weeks layout. It ended up that the first week is documenting Weight Watchers and not much else even though I had new purchases from 2 peas and SimonSaysStamp, we had a family Christmas get together at Rose and Chucks and other things occured.

I have been participating in Pretty Paper Party at http://www.Shimelle.com and loving it. I haven't been as active as I would have wanted because 2 days after the start of this class, John's mom passed and we were busy with the funeral and wake. I generally just didn't feel it and wanted to respect my feelings of sadness at Mary's passing. She was a lovely lady, mother of 9, grandmother, great grandmother and great-great grandmother. Her husband, Harold, passed 2 years prior and they are now together in heaven.

So now I will show the page I have done for several of the topics in Pretty Paper Party:





I made the ribbon roses using a technique that Shimelle shared in one of the Glitter Girl episodes. I will be using this technique again. I also used a doily cut from my Cameo that I cut in half and used on the flap of a vellum envelope that contains hidden journaling. The journaling talks about my vanity ( I didn't realize I had any) and how I am not thrilled with any pictures of myself, thus the filmstrip and camera washi tapes.

This a a picture of the ribbon roses that I love. Now I have to buy pink satin ribbon to use in these, as well as some in yellow and maybe white. Making my own embellishments allows me to stretch my scrapping budget. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment