Friday, June 7, 2013

Missing in Action

I have been missing because of lots of craziness in my life the last month. Luckily I think it has come to an end and we can move on.

I have been busy creating layouts to use in black shadow box frames for the wall you face as you enter my home. I have a shelf that will go below the 4 picture grid that will be painted black also. The layouts are not matchy-matchy but coordinate in color and feel. Of course it helps that they are of the most adorable, loving, smart and charming grandchildren that anyone could ever want.

I based some of them on sketches from sketchabilities .

This sketch has resulted in this layout of my oldest granddaughter Lily

The hand stitching ( just too lazy to go get my sewing machine) layering of the hearts, enamel dots and rhinestones are some of my favorites.






Then I did a layout for Amelia that incorporates her more girly side with bows and enamel dots.










The day before I did some layouts of the grandsons. Aidens layout is also based on a sketch from sketchabilities.





The numbers down the left side were done using a foam stamp that I purchased more than 5 years ago from QVC from Lisa Bearnsen. I did not get rid of them in my purge because the images are timeless and the icons won' t go out of style. The wood veneer, brads, flair and enamel dots make me very happy.










Last but not least is Logans layout. It expresses what this kid is all about. From the old fashioned bicycle on the paper and the bicycle wood veneer to represent his constant on the move status, this kid moves through this world fearless.





I love working with the wood veneer from Trees to Treasure. I love that I can order the veneers I want for a custom order.





I have a lot more I want to scrap and photos to take. What I love about this hobby is the encouragement I receive from fellow scrappers on message boards and facebook and pinterest. It makes sharing a hobby globally such an awesome thing.



3 comments:

  1. Great layouts and perfect take on the sketches. My fav is the first with all the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are such lovely pages. I adore the one with the cascade of hearts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahem... I must be tied with you in the grandchildren department as you described mine perfectly!! I love these layouts - I ALWAYS love your layouts. I too have framed some for compositions in almost every room of the house - right now I'm combining a few with paintings by my brother... we'll see how that turns out!

    ReplyDelete