Thursday, March 28, 2013

Weight Control and trying to live the healthy life

I am a Weight Watcher and for the most part I follow the program without problem....and then sometimes I just need a donut! Imagine my surprise when I pulled up to the "altar of all things fried and sugary" in my twice yearly pilgrimage and found the dichotomy that is my life. I just had to go back and snap a picture for proof that I sometimes live in a parallel universe and sometimes for convience sake they live right next door to each other.

I went back today to check out the new Nutrition store. It was not what I imagined, it was an Herbal Life commercial come to life. It is upscale, trendy and hip in appearance. The clientel was younger....much younger ie. a young 20 something couple just returning from the slopes of Colorado to get their energy drinks and meal replacement smoothies. I was given a sample of the Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie and it didn't wow me...in fact it had a gritty taste from the protein powder in it. So I took a pass on having them fix me one. I did try the mango aloe "shot" and had a peach green tea that I paid for. $2.50....kind of expensive for a 12 oz. tea! I did say that because I was getting over being sick this past week that my taste buds could be off but I would try them another time. I don't know if that will be the case, but at least I know it is there.

Now on to my weigh in tomorrow, hope I record a loss. I skipped a lot of food this week at the beginning but my appetite caught up with me midweek and needless to say not a lot of great choices were made. Too sick to cook, too tired to care. We will see!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Fun pic! Finding the best way to lose weight is a struggle. It seems like different people need different diets. I'm trying the new way with going low cal (500 cal/day) on two days a week and then eating normal but sensible the rest of the week. It will be interesting to see if that's the right way for me.

    ReplyDelete