Saturday, April 13, 2013

It has been a while or late to the party

It has been a while since I last made a post and I must say that we have been sick around here. Thankfully the sickness is gone and I am still awaiting the presence of Spring.....she too is late!

I am trying to get my Project Life up to date and I really am not too far behind. I seem to agonize over a smaller canvas to work on. I find tags, cards and PL to be my nemisis for some reason. Give me a 12 x 12 and I can rock it but freeze up on a smaller area. I am still debating whether or not I want to continue on in a kit club or not. I am finding that if I just limit myself to the items in the kit that it is stifling my creativity but when I give myself permission to add from my stash I am a much happier person.

I have 4 layouts to share 2 are new and using some of the supplies from the last 2 months kit clubs and the other 2 are UFO's ( unfinished objects) that I have updated with embellishments and of course photos that are more recent. It was really fun updating the UFO's and I also realized that I love doing 2 page spreads occassionally. I will make it a point to do them more often.

First up is a layout done with the March kit from www.mycreativescrapbook.com. It is a layout for Amelia's First Holy Communion and I am just waiting for the professional photo to complete it but I will show it to you now and then when I get the picture I will repost.


The next layout is of Mia and Lily on a shopping expedition and lunch. They loved shopping for clothes and sunglasses. What a cute picture of them both. This is using some of the April kit with the Maggie Holmes die cuts and background paper. The paper strip that is matting the photo is from the March Kit with the Dear Lizzy collection. I also used several strips of washi tape and a flair badge along with my own crocheted heart and bows made with my Cameo. Love how this one turned out.










Now we venture into the land of UFO's. These have been the bane of my existence since I knew they were there but chose to ignore them in a drawer somewhere buried. I will admit that I had a bigger stack of them but the papers were way outdated and really didn't appeal to me at all. I just trashed them. Sacralige to some but it had to be done. This first one is of all the grandkids and how they have changed over the years. I love this one even the cheesy 5 petal flowers with the brad centers. I added more embellishments to flesh it out some more.





This last one is of my son on his beloved Harley. It was originally intended by the designer to highlight her grandkids and I really thought about doing that but had these great pictures that would work well. I used wood veneer ( my now favorite go-to supply) in the stars and the motorcycle embellishment in the lower right corner.





So that is it for now, I am going to try to remeber to post a little more often and to keep a better record of what I create and what is going on in my world!! Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment