Saturday, November 3, 2012

Moody layouts and other Saturday fun

First of all Happy Birthday to my oldest, Jennifer, who is celebrating her 40th birthday! Today I spent some time with her and Lily while my son-in-law was busy passing his boom truck certification...way to go Jamie!

I scrapped a rather moody layout for my remix class and was amazed that even though the pictures are bright, the mood of the layout is rather somber from the colors to the subdued layout. It reflects a time of our lives when we lived in Las Vegas and it kicked our collective butts! We made it out alive thanks to the tenacity of our family.


 The other layout is a challenge on 2peas for the Glitter Girl challenge to use ribbons on our layouts. This is so far out of my comfort zone but I love how it turned out, no distressing, inking or vintage in sight.



Well on to scrap some more and tomorrows digi-Sunday layouts!

2 comments:

  1. I adore the white lace cutout on top of the white cardstock. Its such a gorgeous touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I will have to pay more attention & see if mood effects my choices. I think I have that die cut paper you used on your second layout. It looks great on your layout! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete