Monday, November 26, 2012

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.....and a big ugly correction!

I was checking comments on here today and noticed I had a couple on yesterdays post. Imagine my surprise to find out that I was a winner from creativelysavvy.blogspot.com and I won a collection of my choice from Echo Park. I love that company and only have had the opportunity to scrap with Everyday Eclectic and the 6x6 pad of For the Record. I chose the full size collection of For the Record 2, Documented. I love the colors and the patterns of the paper. They are one of my new loves now that Scenic Route is no longer.

I also rose to the challenge to add to or redo a layout that just wasn't complete, or working for me, or in my case just plain butt ugly. This was a layout I did in class at my LSS several years back. I am a class junkie and signed up and paid for this class before seeing the layout. I couldn't stray from the layout (instructor was not having it) because of the precise placement of the eyelets. The hammering that went on in that store was enough to drive one to drink. This was before the tool from We Are Memory Keepers, the Crop-A-Dile. The amount of fiber on this layout would have knit a sweater for someone I am sure and I never liked it. I was from the "school" of once completed the layout went in the album never to be touched again. That is until  my Remix class. Shimelle gives us permission to tear it apart if need be, or to just add a small touch or two to an otherwise lovely layout. Mine was UGLY!!! So tear it up I did. Here are pictures of both versions.


I did this layout with scraps and the background paper is from Pink Paislees Portfolio and the cream and grey dot is from Heidi Swapp. I love how this turned out and we could finally see the Prom pictures that got lost in all that fiber and metal washers. I stuck with colors that gave a nod to the school colors of black and gold. The kids in the pictures represent exactly half of the graduating class of '01. Ridgeway is a small school north of here near the Iowa border. I am happy with the layout!

2 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job with the scraps. It looks like they were all intended to go together. I also loved the layout that you posted in class entitled "Winter Wonderland". Both layouts are gorgeous. I've fallen behind all of the prompts, so I'm anxious to give this one a try. It scares me a bit. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Debbie, I have about 4 layouts I need to do. I will get them done cause I have been having a wonderful time in class.

      Delete